Skip to content

Ok so Publix said they would call me. And they didn’t. I know it really isn’t a big deal but I have been stressing out so much it feels like one. I come back after talking to them and hit the hay. Because that is how I cope with stress. I sleep. I woke up and felt just as tired as when I lay down. I know it probably slipped their minds because he said he would call me. And I suppose they could call me in the morning. But if they don’t I am sleeping in. And then I shall vent my frustrations on Mrs. Connelly with a very polite yet scathing email about summer deadlines. Eeehhh!!! Why didn’t they call me?!

8 Comments

  1. orty wrote:

    grrness!

    Yeah, don’t worry about Publix, from the sound of it, you had a really good interview. I’m sure they’ll call you sometime tm! As for math…I honestly think we should go to Romanchuk about it. There’s gotta be something against setting deadlines during the summer, I mean Romanchuk is always saying we need a break/vacation, and Connelly is taking it away from us by setting these deadlines….*takes a breath* So….what do you say to sending a complaint letter to Roamnchuk especially if we can get enough ppl to help us complain?….Just a thought. Lemme know! :o)

    Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 4:05 AM | Permalink
  2. Anonymous wrote:

    Re: grrness!

    Here’s a hint about Romanchuk: she doesn’t give a shit about your vacations. Expect to get major assignments over Christmas break, Spring break, and every holiday before and after next year. She’s not going to do a bloody thing about your mid-summer math projects due. I’m not saying to don’t try, but it’s not going to get you anywhere, honestly. We tried it every time the teachers pulled it, to no avail.

    As for Publix, call them back! You’re not going to get a job anywhere unless you bug them by calling them back 1-2 days after filing an application/getting an interview. It shows interest on your part, and enthusiasm for the job. Just be polite, and ask if they had made a decision yet. You’re not bugging them, you’re following up on the interview.

    Go forth my child, and grasp your rightful position as a member of the entry-level food distribution insdustry in the greatest economy the world has ever seen.

    –Knutzen

    Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 4:59 AM | Permalink
  3. admin wrote:

    Re: grrness!

    thanks Knutzen I shall do that. And you are right about Mrs. Romanchuck I have already talked to her. She gave me a call when she was pulling out hair worrying about schedules. She just didn’t give a flip.

    Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 1:57 PM | Permalink
  4. shonuff2k wrote:

    so…

    http://abstract.cs.washington.edu/~renacer/ascii-matrix.html.gz

    Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 4:13 PM | Permalink
  5. tornprince wrote:

    Did they say they’d call you in the morning? Because if they didn’t I’d expect a call around 4 or 5. Thats just when business lets up around there.

    Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 5:46 PM | Permalink
  6. admin wrote:

    Re: so…

    What the hell??!

    Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 9:34 PM | Permalink
  7. shonuff2k wrote:

    Re: so…

    Didn’t recognize it? Center the movie on your screen and look again really closely, it’s the bullet time scene from the original Matrix done completly in ASCII. It may take a few tries.

    Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 9:40 PM | Permalink
  8. admin wrote:

    Re: so…

    that is nuts!!

    Monday, June 21, 2004 at 10:45 PM | Permalink

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *
*
*