College- Day 3

Classes start tomorrow and I am feeling homesick. The coffee shop is closed and for some reason I cann’t get internet in my dorm room. It is this “ethernet” thing which I am not at all familiar with and I don’t have long distance so I can’t call my family. I don’t know why we did it this way but I am feeling very pushed-out-of-the-nest fend-for-yourself. Regardless I think I will be ok. All but two of my classes are auditorium style mass classes. The other two are studio art classes. And for some unknown reason I keep running into Kunal and then hanging out with him. Imagine that.

Lat night there was this huge concert thing down the hill from my dorm. I didn’t go to it but instead I played Smash with my neighbors and the RA. There is warm water in the showers again. That was starting to really suck. I guess right now I am about ready to go out in search of coffee.

1. shimarisu210 wrote:

Hey again, if the internet is really being bad you can call the tech squad (542-3333) and they might be able to help ya out. And for long distance you could take a bus (UGA students get free rides on The Bus and schedules/routes are in Tate) or get someone to take you up to Wal-mart and pick up a phone card, they’re pretty cheap. hope this helps.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 5:04 PM | Permalink

I have coffee in my room! come visit!

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 5:48 PM | Permalink

I knew you’d kick everyone’s ass in smash. Us playing so much really pays off no?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 8:35 PM | Permalink

when do you get long distance?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 8:35 PM | Permalink
  5. wow…surprise, surprise :)

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 11:38 PM | Permalink
  6. ah, i feel so behind all of you who already moved in and are starting classes!

i’m still very envious of all the art you’re getting to do. i think i can squeeze in art history if i placate my advisor by taking calc. boo for calc. i want studio art, dammit.

mmm, it makes me sad that you’re homesick. when i’m homesick this time next week, can i call you??

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 at 11:46 PM | Permalink

I still need to whoop you in Smash Bros. Repeatedly.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 12:56 AM | Permalink
  8. Sorry Joseph

She’d whup you as bad as brian or worse.

And Hannah, ethernet is a complicated thing. Brian could tell you if you have the prot probably. It’s like a thick phone cable. The plug in the back of your PC should look like a phone jack, but like 2 milimeters wider. If you can’t find one, then you’re gonna need someone to help you out with this. If you can, lemme know, and I’ll talk you through what I can.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 7:41 AM | Permalink
  9. kkantaria wrote:

Um, Amber…long distance as in phone, not travelling.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 12:00 PM | Permalink
  10. shimarisu210 wrote:

Yes I know, that’s what the phone card is for babe, the traveling bit was to get to the phone card. :-p

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 2:27 PM | Permalink

Re: Sorry Joseph

I was out of practice that time. I’ve been playing ever since Brian got one up on me, I’m almost back to my former glory.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 3:39 PM | Permalink

Re: Sorry Joseph

It is up and running. I mean I had it for a while and then it went down so the wires were in the right places. I talked to tech support. And we did some roundabout reinstalling of drivers. Which freaked out the system because I lost the disc. Whatever… it is working now and I hope to god it keeps doing so.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 4:02 PM | Permalink

Re: Sorry Joseph

I’d love to Smash with you. It always is so much fun.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 4:03 PM | Permalink

I have no idea when I get it today? tonorrow? I mean I am supposed to get an email about it soon and when I do you will certainly be the first one I test it out on.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 at 4:05 PM | Permalink

I miss you so much and I promise I am doing WAY worse than you on the homesick scale.

Kat

Friday, August 19, 2005 at 2:58 AM | Permalink

It can’t be that bad we should be having a great time. I miss you too.

Friday, August 19, 2005 at 12:43 PM | Permalink
  17. fatcagney wrote:

JOSEPH’S PARTY!!!

When: September 3rd starting at 1 PM
    Where: Adrienne’s Place (if you need directions give me a ring).

You can sleep over, plenty of space!

RSVP: 678.570.2344 or Dirtyfootwater@hotmail.com

Love, Adrienne

Saturday, August 20, 2005 at 4:04 AM | Permalink

I will do my best to be there. Surpassing my problems with living in Athens and not having a car. But as of now count me in!

Saturday, August 20, 2005 at 5:14 AM | Permalink
  19. fatcagney wrote:

Good, because I enjoyed seeing you last time and would enjoy seeing you again. ;D

Saturday, August 20, 2005 at 5:20 AM | Permalink