I failed

1. jdillon wrote:

I didn’t take my test until I was 20, and only made it because the instructor was tired and let my mistakes slide (I’d failed the written exam once already). My brother failed his first test at 19. A lot of my LJ friends seem to have similar driver’s license problems, too. It’s nothing to be ashamed about, and not an uncommon problem. Don’t worry, and don’t beat yourself up over it too much. :) You’ll get there, you’ll see. You’ll be zipping about the countryside in no time! :)

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 3:43 PM | Permalink
  2. obakehoshi wrote:

I barely made it when I took mine. According to my mom, during the parallel parking, I had a cone at a 100-degree angle while backing up. It was a miracle that thing didn’t fall over. If it had, I would have failed because I barely squeaked by with an 80.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 3:50 PM | Permalink

Don’t feel too bad, Hannah. I’ll be 20 in a couple of months and I stilll haven’t taken my test. Besides, lots of people don’t get it on the first try.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 3:54 PM | Permalink
  4. genki_blu wrote:

Tis okay. A lot of times, it just depends on the instructor you get. Some are very nice and others, quite frankly, suck.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 4:29 PM | Permalink
  5. miss_hotaru wrote:

I still don’t have mine, either and I highly doubt I’ll have it anytime soon. ^^;; And like Genki said, sometimes the instructor’s just an ass. That happened to my friend Grace when she got hers. The first time she failed because the instructor was mean person and the second time she passed and that instructor even let her listen to the radio during the exam.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 4:37 PM | Permalink
  6. I royally fracked up on my parallel parking, so I squeaked by with an 80 on my driver’s test. My examiner was also VERY mean and made me highly nervous, so I attribute many of the little screw-ups I had to that.

Don’t worry. You can take it again, and I’m sure that you’ll do just great the second time around! :) And just think about this – I’ll have to take my driving test in JAPANESE next year!!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 5:49 PM | Permalink
  7. Don’t let it get to you. You can retake it in a week, and it’s not too bad. (Also, County Services Parkway, while sucking alot more than canton, has more openings for walk-ins for drivers tests if you can’t get one at Canton Rd.)

But yea, my fuck up was no turn signal when parallel parking. The instructor hadn’t really made it clear at that point that hte test had begun, I was kind of under the impression he wanted to make sure I wouldn’t kill him when I turned onto the road. So, in a sense, my instructor was TOO laid back. Whatever you do, just remember, you don’t really have to care what he thinks, because in 30 minutes, you will NEVER see him AGAIN!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 7:05 PM | Permalink
  8. Lots of people screw it up the first time, so don’t worry. You’ll do better next time.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 7:33 PM | Permalink

Alycia

Don’t be upset Hannah! I failed mine the first time too. My goof up was not coming to a complete-enough stop at a stop sign. Needless to say, the lady I had was a Bi-otch!!! Did u go to the one at Piedmont and Canton? The second time around I had a little African American lady who was hilarious. Remind me to tell you the story sometime at work.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 7:37 PM | Permalink
  10. svafnae wrote:

I failed my first time too. My second I took last May, and barely passed.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 at 9:38 PM | Permalink
  11. fatcagney wrote:

Michael and I both failed our first times.

I think everyone does. It’s the law.

Friday, June 23, 2006 at 3:51 AM | Permalink
  12. luv4dragons wrote:

FAILED?

I’m sorry, but you can try again.
    Was it parallel parking that got you?

Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 10:23 PM | Permalink