Important News

I just got myself a new laptop. It is a Dell Inspiron Netbook Mini 12 which is essentially the sexiest laptop I have ever seen. She has a 12" monitor which is 2in smaller than my old thinkpad. The buttons are a bit smaller but I can’t really notice the difference. This is the largest Netbook yet and falls between laptop and netbook in size. It has an 80gig harddrive, 1gig of ram, 2.7 pounds AND came with windows XP! I don’t even have to deal with Vista! She is the slimmest sexiest electronic I have ever seen. I was looking into HP at home and then I saw her at Microcenter and was seduced.

You can’t see that and and not want to touch. It runs pretty cool and I believe the only downside is the lack or CD drive. That’s it. And I can buy a auxilary CD drive with a USB hookup if I need to.

1. As much as you might want to cling to the familiar, the newer MS OS, Windows 7 is actually incredibly impressive. Did you get the 1.6 or 1.3 ghz processor? (Should be listed on the box somewhere)

Here, watch Windows 7 running on a laptop far less powerful:

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 12:51 PM | Permalink

This is a 1.6 and it’s not like windows 7 was an option. But given the choice of Vista or XP I’ll go for XP.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 2:52 PM | Permalink
  3. Well I mean that you can get Windows 7 right now for free legally and use it till 2010 and try it out.

Also, HOLY SHIT ONE PIECE.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 11:57 PM | Permalink
  4. aoineko89 wrote:

Congratulations!

That is a very sexy computer, but it doesn’t look like it has a trackpoint. What will you do? Anyway, I hope you and this new comp get along well and it lasts you many years. Were you able to get anything off of your old hard drive?

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 12:08 AM | Permalink

ooo

glad you finally opened it and are enjoying the new toy. Interesting that “it” is a “she” … remember attachment to objects… ;)

OS: Kubuntu of course!

~Roman

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 1:25 AM | Permalink

Re: ooo

I decided my attraction to was was a feminine appeal. I always tend to personify my computers… This may explain why I get so upset when they break even if I didn’t loose anything important.

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 5:04 AM | Permalink

Re: Congratulations!

It doesn’t have a track point! I am still getting used to the touch pad but I’m adjusting well. I think the issue is that I have been pretty heavy handed with the track point all these years and that sometimes makes the touch pad click things. Other than that it’s a sweet little beauty.

As for getting things off the old Thinkpad Andrew or Skywalker6705 right above you has my hard drive and is awaiting an adapter of some sort. We shall see…

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 5:07 AM | Permalink