Plum Blossoms

I just sold a print! $100 wheeeeeeee
Hurray! It’s the one I call Plum Blossoms
Now I get to get into my groove and figure out the best way to ship these suckers. The tube makes sense and keeps the art safe but because it is an irregular package it is actually cheaper to put the tube in a box. Bizarre as that may sound. I MADE A SALE! The smaller ones I’ll just ship flat. YAY!

1. csukitty87 wrote:

DAMNIT! I wanted to buy that one.
    Alas. ADD MORE!

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 5:05 AM | Permalink

I got like 8 more! Squeeee

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 5:15 AM | Permalink
  3. csukitty87 wrote:

what are you doing Sunday night

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 5:24 AM | Permalink
  4. aoineko89 wrote:

Yay Hannah! I knew your stuff would sell (especially that one – its so pretty). Besides being a successful artist, how is summer going?

Friday, May 29, 2009 at 11:00 AM | Permalink

I get off work at 9:00 on Sunday. After that I have no plans. And Brian will be in Panama City with his family.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 5:51 AM | Permalink

I guess it feels like a pretty normal summer. It’s nice not to have so much work.

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 5:52 AM | Permalink
  7. csukitty87 wrote:

YOU should check your voicemai.
    You should also come over and hang with me and Dani and my folks!
    Campfire and food provided.
    Say yes? Bring a change of clothes and come straight from the pool because I want to see you!

Saturday, May 30, 2009 at 5:56 AM | Permalink
  8. luv4dragons wrote:

SUPERAWESOME!!!

Yay! Congrats!

Now you’re that much more of an artiste!

Thursday, June 4, 2009 at 3:53 PM | Permalink

Just a nod of admiration from a fellow printmaker

I went on to Etsy just to look at the printmaking works and to get ideas for how to improve my backgrounds. I love how you do them in combination with your lino prints. Do you do the ever so subtle marks for eg on “Plum Blossom” onto the lino block or on a piece of lino the same size as the block with the flower images. Your works look really good…are you on Inkteraction ning dot com? Let me know if you would like an invite to that.

Maybe you would have a look at my blog too. I am surprised you don’t have some of the lovely works from Etsy on your main website but maybe you just have not got around to uploading them.

Congratulations on your sale. That person got a real bargain -hope they appreciate that.

best wishes

Aine

Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 11:27 AM | Permalink

Re: Just a nod of admiration from a fellow printmaker

Thank you for such a nice comment. I wish I had found it sooner.

For Blum Blossoms I used the lino block before I had carved it. I used pin hole registration so I was able to get the borders right and register it with my second layer all in one go. The monotype sky was really simple. I rolled on some color and then wiped the ink around with a rag and some mineral spirits. I did end up doing 2 layers of monotype so that I wouldn’t get muddy colors.

I need to get onto inkteraction. I promise I will do that. :D