Weaving!!

Ok so just started weaving at home and here is a picture of what it looks like on the loom

This is a 16 harness pattern that moves between weft faced and warp faced.

The top side is primarily silver and the underside is inverted and mostly blue. The interesting thing about this weaving is that when you take it off the pressure the zig zags pucker a bit giving it a subtle three dimensional texture. Hopefully is will have an excellent future as a scarf. Anyhow if you would like to get tecnical and you happen to have a 16 harness loom in your life, here is the draft for this structure from handweaving.net

I am trying to crank this scarf out quickly, in part to see how fast I can work and in part to not monopolize the equipment. My mom and I are using the same loom so I can’t exactly leave unfinished projects hanging around. And I am pretty excited about starting the next warp. We are going to do some crazy shit for round 2. At least I know I am lol. I am in love with networked drafting and how a complex tie up can give you an amazing amount of control. My mom on the other hand is in love with dye. This may turn out very well all things considered.

Ok back to weaving!

1. Karen wrote:

Oh, that is so cool!

And I just wanted to tell you–I’ve started my printmaking class!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 at 4:53 AM | Permalink
  2. Hannah wrote:

That’s awesome! Is it printmaking in a specific area or printmaking in a bunch of different techniques? Also I will expect pictures on deviantart. lol

Thursday, October 7, 2010 at 7:19 PM | Permalink
  3. Rachelle wrote:

I am *so* jealous of you and your loom. I’m starting up tapestry weaving (like they did it in ancient Greece and Egypt way back when) this year, so that’s highly exciting. Keep up the good work!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 5:03 PM | Permalink
  4. Hannah wrote:

That’s so exciting that you are doing tapestry weaving. I found that to be a real challenge when we did that in my textile class. I would love to see what you make. Please take some pictures for me!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 8:45 AM | Permalink
  5. Johnb447 wrote:

Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog is in the very same niche as yours and my users would truly benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Thank you! efdegekgbcbc

Monday, July 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM | Permalink
  6. Jacques wrote:

I’m in my first year at university

Monday, April 27, 2015 at 7:09 PM | Permalink